At times, being a caregiver can be challenging, isolating, or overwhelming. For this event the hosts will lead a theme based discussion and invite guests to share their own discoveries and challenges with an experienced and supportive group that aims at exploring sacred perspectives and practical care-giving tools.
If you or someone you know is dealing with the challenge of care-giving, time with this devoted professional can be invaluable.
Ghanashyam Das spent 11 years as a monk, studying, and practising in the Bhakti tradition. He currently serves as Hindu Chaplain for both New York University and New York Presbyterian Hospital. He is trained and experienced in dealing with death through his work in hospitals and hospices.
What to expect:
- warm, welcoming environment
- stories and practical tools shared by experienced caregivers
- a chance to ask questions to experts in their field
- questions and answers welcomed
- group size approx. 10-30 people
- walk away with a better understanding of life & death and with clear ideas of how to care for others