Attending this course requires advance registration and a fee:
To register, please E-mail Nrtya Kisori Dasi at: email@example.com by June 27th.
Payments can be made by cash or check (to: Texas Krishnas) and given to Mother Padma or Nrtya Kisori Dasi by July 1st.
Friday, July 13th
Saturday, July 14th
Sunday, July 15th
(Lunch prasadam catered by Kalachandji’s)
* The assessment will be scheduled for a separate, later date. Tentatively, Sunday, July 22nd.
The ISKCON Disciples Course is a training program which deepens devotees understanding of guru tattva and guru padasraya within the multiple guru environment of ISKCON. This is a mandatory course for all devotees preparing to take initiation in ISKCON. It is also recommended for leaders, preachers, counselors and educators in ISKCON.
This course was developed under the direction of the Guru Services Committee, with the combined efforts of leading educators in ISKCON. It is based on the teachings of Srila Prabhupada and current ISKCON Law and gives reference to the writings from the broader Gaudiya Vaisnava tradition. The 14 lessons include PowerPoint presentations and fun interactive workshops.
Registered attendees will be provided with the ISKCON Disciples Course Handbook. Devotees who attend the full course and pass the assessment will receive a certificate.
The following topics will be covered:
- Guru-tattva & Parampara – The truth about the concept of Guru and the guru’s connection to the disciplic succession.
- Srila Prabhupada as ISKCON’s Founder-Acarya & Gurus in ISKCON
Guru-padasraya & Selecting a Guru – How to select a Guru and take shelter of him
- Initiation Vows & Guru-puja
- Guru-seva: Vapuh- & Vani-Seva – Serving the guru: his personal form instructions
- Guru-tyaga & Presenting One’s Guru – How to present your guru to persons who are either not initiated or initiated by another Guru.
- Relationships within ISKCON
Facilitators: Rupanuga Prabhu & Nrtya Kisori Dasi