Janmashtami is the vaishnavas’ most important and significant festival of the year. it is held in celebration of the birthday of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Krishna, himself.
We would like to invite your whole family to take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to get the blessings of Sri Sri Radha Vrindaban Chandra. You will have the chance to offer a very special Kalash Abhishek. Lord Krishna’s bathing ceremony – called Abhishek – is witnessed by all attendees while Kalash sponsors personally assist the temple pujaris by handing over the Pancha dravya, the sacred bathing liquids. Finally, savor a wonderful prasadam dinner banquet.
janma karma cha me’ divyamevam yo ve’tti tatvatahtyaktva deham punar janmanaiti maame’ti so arjuna
One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and activities does not, upon leaving the body, take birth again in this material world, but attains My eternal abode, O Arjuna.
- 4:30 a.m. – Mangala Arati
- 7:20 a.m. – Guru Puja
- 8:00 a.m. – Deity greeting, new outfit, maha kirtan
- 8:30 a.m. – Srimad Bhagavatam reading and class
- 9:30 a.m. – Radha Shyamasundara abhisheka by Temple pujaris
- 12:00 p.m. – Raj Bhoga Arati
- 4:00 p.m. – Children’s activities and bounce house opens
- 4:15 p.m. – Dhoop Arati
- 4:30 p.m. – Children’s costume contest on main stage
- 5:00 p.m. – Classical Indian dance and music performance on main stage
- 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Cart rides over to the Eco Farm, feed the cows
- 6:00 p.m. – Dr. Anand Kesari traditional Hindi Janmastami Bhajans
- 6:00 – 11:00 p.m. – Radha Krishna abhisheka tent opens, everyone welcome
- 6:30 p.m. – Sandhya Arati
- 7:30 p.m. – Krishna Astatara Satta Nama Homa (the 108 names of Krishna) outside
- 8:00 p.m. – Village of Vrndavan opens
- Midnight – Maha Arati
- 1:00 a.m. – Maha prasadam feast