This workshop is a general introduction to temple deity worship. It is open to all devotees and will equip each participant with the basic philosophy and practices of deity worship.
The workshop begins with facilitators helping students enter into a fundamental understanding of what deity worship is, why we perform it, and the benefits devotees get from deity worship.
Saturday, September 2, 2017 (Theory)
• History and progress of ISKCON Deity Worship Ministry
• Role & function of ISKCON Deity Worship Ministry
• ISKCON deity worship strengths & challenges
• Why perform deity worship?
• The Lord is present in His deity form
• Definition and goal of arcana
• Authenticity of deity worship
• Pancaratrika & bhagavata vidhi
• Qualifications for arcana
• Position of the spiritual master
• Variations in arcana procedures and standards of worship
• Home worship vs. temple worship
• Mood of worship
• Values, attitudes, and behavior of a pujari
Sunday, September 3, 2017 (Practical)
• Acamana: demonstration & discussion
• Waking & Resting: demonstration & discussion
• Bhoga offering: demonstration & discussion
• Arati: demonstration & discussion
Monday, September 4, 2017 (Practical)
• 16 items of worship overview
• Mantras and mudras
• Festival Abhisheka
• Sodasopacara puja: demonstration and discussion based on standard Gaura-Nitai worship procedure.
• Conclusion with Q & A
H.G. Jayananda dasa
H.G. Ragunath Dasa
To register click here.