If you are a congregational devotee aged between 18 and 25 years or are a keen parent of one, this summer camp and youth program may be just what you are looking for right now.
In today’s world, the biggest problem is that most of our congregational youth are bewildered and more of them are tending to drift away, being attracted by the lifestyles of their peers, or are being drawn away by other influences. Partly they feel a little isolated, and partly, it is just the process of growing up.
This year Mayapur Institute is offering a summer camp with limited places to pilot a new programme that will teach Vaishnava culture and heritage, explore our basic and fundamental Gaudiya Vaisnava philosophy, delve into devotional life in practice and allow students to learn about and understand why we have some of the practices that we do, explore some of the local places of historical and spiritual importance to the Gaudiya Vaisnava tradition around Mayapur, and most importantly have a fun and enlivening learning experience in the setting of the Holy Dham.
We will explore and deal with topics such as:
• Developing faith and destroying doubts
• The existence of God
• Intelligent Design
• Can a scientist believe in God?
• Seeing Krsna in everything
• The creation
• Why do bad things happen to good people?
• The modes of nature
• What is bhakti?
• How to develop great devotional service
• The four regulative principles
• Japa workshops and the glories of the Holy name
• Kirtan workshops and playing instruments
• Deity worship
• Tusli worship and why do we worship Tulsi Devi?
• Ekadashi and Festival days – what they mean and why we observe them
• How to preach and how to deal with questions from non-devotees to support our faith without offending them
• Vaisnava Saints and the 6 Goswamis
Setting Life Goal & Career Orientation | Deity Worship | Bhakti Vriksha Youth Leader Training | ISKCON Disciples Course | Vaishnava Etiquette Course | K.C. Ashrama Life | Cow Protection Basic Course | Sastric Study & Vaishnava Acharyas | Communication skills | History & Structure of ISKCON | Music- Vocal & Instruments
To register, please visit: http://mayapurinstitute.org/course/summer-camp-for-youth/
This year, we will conduct this camp only for English speaking male youth from any country. We do plan to extend this programme over the coming year.
Course fee covers accommodation, sumptuous prasadam 3 times a day, course material, expert teaching with both theory and practical sessions, parikrama to some important local holy places, vocal and instrumental music classes, and the opportunity to have a fun-filled, devotional experience in the Dham with other young people in the beautiful setting of the new Mayapur Institute Campus.