“One who knows the transcendental nature of My appearance and activities does not, upon leaving the body, takes his birth again in this material world, but attains My eternal abode. O Arjuna”
– Bhagavad-gita 4.9
The Supreme Lord Sri Krishna appeared on the earth 5200 years ago. His appearance in this world is remembered & celebrated as Janmashtami festival.
At ISKCON Baltimore we celebrate this festival with devotion & great pomp. The temple has scheduled devotional activities throughout the day, like all day kirtan & arati | abhishek | discourse | dance | drama | kids activities | dahi handi | free feast etc.
Lord Krishna’s bathing ceremony – called Abhishek – is witnessed by all attendees while Kalash sponsors get the opportunity to personally bathe the Lord personally.
Spiritual blessings await you & your family by sponsoring the Kalash & participating in the bathing ceremony of Lord.
THIS YEAR’S SPECIAL ATTRACTION
– Recreation of Krishna’s Village – Vrindavan. Enter the mystical village of Vrindavan where Krishna appeared 5,000 years ago.
– Re-enactments of Vrindavan life with real characters (Ask them questions, talk to them) – Yashoda, Narada, Laxmi, Brahma, Gopis, Gopas
– Meet Krishna personally and talk to Him.
– Krishna StoryTellings (Hear Krishna’s wondrous and loving pastimes in Vrindavan)
– Demon’s Den – Be ready to face Kamsa, Bakasura and other demons and see how Krishna defeats them
– Meet Vyasadeva and Ganesh writing Vedic scriptures
– Henna/Face Painting
– Cow Dung Magic
– Krishna Quiz
– Birthday card making for Krishna
– Radha Krishna Village Altar
– Write your wish and hang it on a Desire Tree (Kalpa Vriksha)
Ample parking is available. Shuttle to/from temple available. Please visit iskconbaltimore.org for detailed information.